Building materials are exposed to climatic changes and severe wear and tear, which may become potential health and environmental hazards. Products used in constructing buildings must be tested to ensure safety, stability and durability. Strict standards governing construction and building products covering areas such as structural stability, structural safety and fire protection of buildings have to be complied with.
TÜV SÜD PSB has more than 30 years of experience in this field and is able to conduct a wide range of industry tests and evaluation to determine the performance of building products used locally or overseas.
The building facades testing services include:
- Mechanical properties (tensile, compression, shear, bend, torsion, hardness, creep, impact, fatigue and fracture toughness)
- Material characterization (chemical composition, elemental contents, toxic metals and outgassing)
- Metallographic and microscopic examination
- Endurance and cyclic performance
- Hydraulic, water-tightness, leakage and wind pressure
- Simulated corrosion/ weathering resistance and outdoor durability
- Vibration, shock and stress-strain measurement and monitoring
- Site testing (pull out test and safety glass)
- Protect your company from costly and image damaging scandals and recalls.
- Reduce your business risks by meeting regulatory requirements and standards.
- Increase quality and safety of your products and processes.
- Save time and costs as we provide you with a one-stop testing and certification service.
- Leverage on our global accreditations.
- Leverage on our state of the art laboratories with comprehensive testing equipment and professional expertise.
- Increase customer confidence in your product when your product goes through independent testing
- Shorten your time-to-market and increase market access when you meet regulatory requirements and standards.